UPF’s (EPAM’s) proposal for a stop to the drowning of innocent people
While EU is pretending to address the refugee crisis by summits and by erecting walls, numerous innocent kids and grown-ups drown in the Aegean, in their attempt to live in safety away from wars. At the same time the Greek government sheds crocodile tears, pretending to care. Turkey allows human traffickers to act unhindered, leading to the death of hundreds of refugees.
UPF (EPAM) proposes the following measures to stop refugees’ deaths:
- To denounce Turkey’s flagrant collaboration with traffickers and to have sanctions imposed against Turkey, noting that this collaboration goes back several years.
- To strictly implement international law and UN conventions for the processing of refugees at countries of entry. This means that refugees are entitled to asylum at the first country of entry. This country is Turkey. Refusal by Turkey to offer asylum to the refugees — as dictated by international treaties and laws — and of appropriate travel documents should result in penalties from the international community.
- The Greek government is obliged to defend its sovereignty and to have the exclusive responsibility of directing and handling the crisis placing under its direct control and coordination the actions of volunteers, NGOs, private initiatives and international contributions. The exploitative unaccountable actions of suspect “humanitarian” organizations who victimize innocent refugees to either collect subsidies, or to serve geopolitical interests, has to be stopped.
- To denounce or to suspend the Dublin Convention and to deal with the crisis not as an internal EU problem, but as an international one. As a consequence, the responsibility for the solution chosen and the transfer of the people must involve the international community with the responsibility of the United Nations. It is inconceivable that there are states, like the USA, that are involved in the wars that create this unprecedented flow of refugees and immigrants and then wash their hands clean of the blame.
- If some of the States-members refuse to accept refugees, then to denounce such acts at the international community and international organizations as being complicit to mass murder, which constitutes a crime against humanity.
Human lives cannot be saved by words and conferences. Only with specific actions we can avoid human deaths.
UPF (ΕPAM) proposes such specific actions.
UPF (EPAM) Political Secretariat, November 5, 2015