We have received this direct from Ambassador Leonidas Chrysanthopoulos of Greece. Please take the time to read this and relate it back to our own country, Great Britain. The EU has destroyed Greece and we can not let that happen to us too. This is our ONLY chance to take back control and in turn hopefully help out the rest of Europe who will follow suit! Listen to what he has to say and PLEASE SHARE!
CONSEQUENCES OF GREECE BEING A MEMBER OF THE EU
Due to the Memorandum of 10 May 2010 imposed upon Greece to reduce its debt the following has occurred.
1. Unemployment from 9% in 2010 is now 26%
2. Indirect and direct taxation leaves no room for economic development,2 million people cannot pay taxes today as the taxation system is worse than it was under the ottoman occupation.
3. Pensions have been slashed by 55% since 2010.Salaries have been reduced by 40%.
4. The health system has collapsed as the States contributions to it have been drastically reduced.More than 5000 people have committed suicide.
5. With the last legislation adopted by Parliament on May 22, Greece has ceased to exist as a State, since the economic management of the country has been given to the EU and the lenders for the next 100 years.
6. 18 regional airports have been sold to the German Fraport which is state owned,within the framework of privatization.
7. The austerity program has resulted in human rights violations of the Greek people as is mentioned in the report dated Feb.29,2016 of the UN Independent Expert, Juan Pablo Bohoslavski to the UN Council of Human Rights.
8. Homes of people who cannot continue paying mortgages because of reduced incomes due to reduction of salaries and pensions and increase of taxation are being auctioned.
9. 56,000 refugees are stranded in Greece because the EU refuses to implement the European Council decision of last July by which 60,000 refugees would be transferred from Greece and Italy to other member-states for resettlement.
10. The public debt in 2009 was 129% of the GNP has since increased and is now 180% of the GNP as a result of erroneous policies by the EU and the IMF. Greece is entering its seventh year of recession.
11. Many embassy buildings have been sold including that of the Greek Embassy in London.
Etc. ad infinitum
23 June, VOTE LEAVE!