ON DEBT, NATIONAL CURRENCY & DEMOCRACY
Saturday 30 November & Sunday 01 December 2013
The United People’s Front ( E.PA.M) organizes an International Conference in Athens on ‘Debt, National currency & Democracy’ on the 30th of November & 01st of December 2013 at ‘Ciné Kerameikos (Kerameikou 58 & Marathonos 13 , metro station: Kerameikos) with the participation of economists, historians, activists, journalists and movements from all over the world.
This is the first time such an international conference takes place in Greece; its main goal – besides the interchange of views and experiences – is that the Greek public opinion gets informed on how debt, along with the incapacity of money issue in the frame of the eurozone, leads to the abolition of democracy, the loss of the national sovereignty and practically to misery.
Greece suffers today the devastating consequences from the combination of those elements. The speakers with their presentations and interventions will try to mark out the folds of the same problem their own countries face and will inform us of the means of reaction they suggest. Participants:
- Hördur Torfason: activist & artist. The man behind the Icelandic Revolution in October of 2008- when Iceland’s economy collapsed- by standing out in front of the parliament buildings asking ‘what are we going to do about it ?. From there was built a popular movement that would grow to sizes as yet unheard of in the tiny Nordic country, forcing the resignation of the government, and of the leadership of the national bank. A revolutionary folk hero at home, Torfason now spends much of his time touring the world, telling the bittersweet story of Iceland’s Nordic Spring, and sharing tactics and strategies with activists in other countries. Hördur will visit Greece for the first time in November in the frame of the conference.
- François Asselineau: French politician, chairman of the movement Union Populaire Républicaine, which suggests the withdrawal of France from the EU, NATO and Eurozone. Asselineau has been General Inspector at the Ministry of Finance from 2004 until 2006. Ever since he travels across France organizing speeches and debates in order to explain why France should leave the eurozone, the EU and NATO..
- Antonino Galloni: economist, member of the board of directors at the National Institute of Social Providence and writer of many books. Galloni has taught Industrial Economy at the Catholic University in Milan, at the University of Modena as well as at the Free International University of Social Studies in Rome.
- Pedro Montes: economist, member of the movement Socialismo 21. Montes has been of the very first ones to predict the risks of euro for Europe and Spain with his book «The unfinished story of euro» eleven years ago. He has been working for 36 years at the Research Center of Bank of Spain. Today he participates in the local assemblies in many cities in Spain explaining the crisis and the necessity of a national currency.
- Antti Pesonen: activist, head of the delegation of the Independence Party of Finland. The IPU stands for the withdrawal of Finland from the eurozone, the NATO and the EU.
- Opa Kapinjimpagna: economist, chairman of the African Forum for Debt and Development board of directors. AFRODAD’s main goals are to identify root causes, structure and effects, and find sustainable and lasting solutions to the African debt and Aid problems, to secure alternative development models to the international financial systems, to secure Debt cancellation and Aid effectiveness so as to release financial resources for sustainable development in Africa and to collect and disseminate information on issues related to Aid and Debt for advocacy groups in Africa and elsewhere.
- Monia Benini : activist, representative of the movement Per Il Bene Commune, which also suggests Italy’s withdrawal of the EU and the eurozone. Monia – a declared friend of Greece- has visited the country many times and is the writer of three books on the crisis in Greece and Europe.
- Janus Putkonen: activist, owner and chief editor of the alternative internet news network www.verkkomedia.org , with sources from media like Russia Today, PressTV, RIA Novosti, SANA, Prensa Latina, Fars News, Al-Manar, Ma’an News, Antiwar, Infowars, Global Research and exclusive partner in Finland for Russiiskaya Gazeta.
- Pablo Erlantz & Sonia Oronoz: represantives of the movement Asociación Democracia Real Ya, which stems from the «movement of the Squares of Spain» promoting among other things a referendum for the return of Spain to its national currency.
- Victoria Stoiciu: activist and columnist at the internet news magazine www.criticatac.ro in Romania.
- Giacomo Bracci & Francesco Ruggieri: economists, representatives of the movement Economia per I citadini, a movement of economists which campaigns for the return of Italy to its national currency and the control of the central Bank of Italy by the state.
- Mahinour El-Badrawi: lawyer, representative of the organisation Drop Egypt’s Debt; a popular campaign for the cancellation of the Mubarak debt (some 35 billion dollars).
- William Mallinson: historian, former diplomat and professor at the Ionian University and the New York College in Athens, where he is based since 1994. ζει από το 1994. He is also a writer of many books.
- Marco Balesta: economist, representant of the movement ‘Eurotruffa’
Andreas Popp & Rico Albrecht of the Wissensmanufaktur will address greeting and hopefully professor Noam Chomsky. More participants still pending are to be confirmed in a next press release along with the detailed program of the conference.
Host of the international meeting will be Dimitris Kazakis, economist-analyst and chairman of E.PA.M.
The conference will be hold in Greek, English, French, Spanish and Italian with simultaneous interpretation so that the public can participate with questions and will also be broadcasted on-line through our web page www.epamhellas.gr
For more information please contact : EPAM International Relations Mr. Thanasis LASKARATOS Tel: +30 6979 28 73 48 e-mail: email@example.com